I am having more success this week and I am feeling confident in my ability to play “Jolly Old Saint Nicholas” (shown below). I am really enjoying the time I spend learning to play the piano! I have always loved to listen and sing along to music and playing an instrument has always been a skill I have wanted to learn. Music just has a way of improving my mood. In music class, we discussed the benefits of listening to music and I was very impressed.
I learned that music…
- reduces stress
- helps with other learning
- allows your brain to be 80% active when making music
- aids in motor functions
- enhances decision-making skills
- helps make social connections
- strengthens memory and speech abilities
- increases empathy
- reduces pain
- encourages emotional expression
- improves academic performance
I am glad that I chose to learn an instrument for my open inquiry project! There are so many amazing benefits to music and I am very excited to continue to see results in my learning.